Visit Canada

If you are considering a visit to Canada, the first thing to determine is whether you will require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter the country. Citizens of the U.S. and other visa-exempt countries do not require a visa to enter Canada, and are generally admitted for a period of six months. Citizens of other countries must apply for and obtain a TRV prior to seeking temporary entry.

To be granted a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to visit Canada, an applicant must satisfy an officer that they will depart Canada when their status expires. They must also show that they are able to support themselves for the duration of their stay in Canada. The purpose of the entry must be for a temporary visit. If a visitor is planning to work or study, they will generally require a work permit or study permit to do so. However, certain activity such as attending a conference or providing training to Canadian employees might be possible as a business visitor, which does not require a work permit. Some study programs such as language training do not always require a study permit. It is prudent to confirm the requirements in advance before making an application or appearing at the border.

Criminal or medical issues can affect a person’s ability to be granted entry to visit Canada. Often, these issues can be dealt with in advance to avoid complications or visitor visa refusals.

A refused visitor visa application will remain in a person’s immigration file, making it more difficult to obtain a visitor visa in subsequent applications. As such, it is important to take the time to present a thorough application with supporting documentation. Our team of immigration professionals can assist with preparing a strong application. We can also help to overcome refusals.



–          Appeals and Judicial Reviews

–          Business Visitors

–          Studying in Canada

–          Working in Canada